Huawei’s Honor brand of Android Smartphones have recently been gaining a lot of popularity mainly because of the quality devices that they have been bringing that too with a very affordable price tag.
The Huawei Honor 6 features a 5 inch 1080p Full HD Display, 1.7 GHz octa core processor, 3 GB of RAM, 13 MP primary camera and a 5 MP secondary camera, either 16 or 32 GB of internal storage space with an external SD card slot for storage expansion and a 3100 mAh non removable battery. Even though the Huawei Honor 6 may look too good to have a budget price tag, surprisingly in India, the Honor 6 is priced at just RS. 14,999 and is sold via the official online retailer Flipkart.
Apart from just providing decent hardware at a bargain price, Honor has also made sure that their customers get satisfactory after sales support by bringing out latest Android software updates to their Smartphones lineup.
Recently, Honor just rolled out an OTA update for the Honor 6 Android Smartphone, that updated your Smartphone to the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop software version. As you already know, Android Lollipop brings in a lot of improvements than the older Android versions like lock screen notifications, a new Material design etc.
If you can’t wait until the official Android 5.1 Lollipop update reaches your Honor 6 as an OTA update, and wants to upgrade your Honor 6 Android Smartphone to the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop firmware manually, then below is a complete tutorial on how to achieve the same.Before you Begin…
Below are a few steps that you must complete before you proceed to upgrade your Huawei Honor 6 Android Smartphone to the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop software:
- Make sure that your Honor 6 has at least 80% of battery backup.
- Download and install the latest USB Drivers for Honor 6 Android Smartphone on your PC.
- Download the firmware package from here. (Build Name: honor 6 Android-5.1).
How to Upgrade Honor 6 to Android 5.1 Lollipop manually
Finally, here is a simple and detailed tutorial on how to easily upgrade your Honor 6 Android Smartphone to the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop software without any hassles:
- First of all, connect your Honor 6 to the PC.
- Copy and paste the firmware package that you downloaded earlier to the root internal storage of your Honor 6.
- Now disconnect your device from the PC.
- Power OFF your Honor 6.
- Boot it into the recovery mode by pressing the Volume Down+Power keys at the same time.
- Once your device has successfully entered the recovery mode, click on the “Install Update ZIP” option.
- Navigate to and select the firmware package that you copied to your Smartphone earlier and confirm your selection.
- Now the ZIP file will be installed on your Honor 6.
- After the installation completes, reboot your Smartphone.
- As its the first boot after an Android software upgrade, it may take a couple of minutes longer than usual, so please be patient.
- Finally Congratulations, your Honor 6 Android Smartphone will now be running the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop software version. Enjoy!
In case of any doubts regarding the tutorial above, please leave them as comments below so that we can help you out with your queries.
Feel Free to share your thoughts in the comment section below.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter, like our Facebook Fan Page and Add us to your circles on Google+ to keep you updated with the latest technology news, gadget reviews, launches around the world and much more